Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Day 2| 4/27

Recalling the weekend to the best I can.

Sunday 4/20-
We started the day off early (7AM) going to Ralphs to buy groceries for breakfast. It was nice to walk to walk through the store fairly calm with my mind focused on what we needed to buy and how much we could spend without my mind racing off trying to calculate every item and thinking if it was cheaper somewhere else.

After making breakfast we continued our day. My mom left for a little while at which time my wife and I prepared lunch. Again, the calm was so nice as I wasn't worried about the itty bitty details of the grill, cooking times ect... I laid out briquettes, let the flames die down, and laid out the poultry. I simply went back every 10 min or so to check on the chicken. Normally I would be so worried about burring the food that I would end up over or under cooking the food. But this time everything turned out perfect with only 1 skewer a bit undercooked.

After lunch we went on to my fathers and went out with him for desert. I was able to pickup on most of the Spanish conversation he was having with my wife. Overall it was a great time as normally my mind would wonder off and I would start analyzing or thinking about new ideas.

The drive home was again very nice and calm as I was able to hold a conversation with my wife all the way home.

Once we got home we watched a bit of Horton Hears a Who and fell right asleep. After about 20 min my wife woke me up and we went to bed. I took my pill and got into bed. I found it a bit difficult to sleep as I didn't feel tired. My mind wasn't racing but I wasn't tired either. I got my iPhone, watched Tekzilla and fell right asleep.