Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Day 3 | 4/28

Monday 4/28 - recalling as best as I can

The day started off as normal with my 30-40 min walk with the dogs around the neighborhood. I normally watch my podcasts while walking so there wasn't really much of a difference there. It was a bit easier to pay attention to the dogs, walking, and the show I was watching.

I proceeded my day as normal. Finished up my business plan I'd been writing for over a month. Did some research on financing. I spent my usual hour on ocmoto and then moved on to working on a site I'm building for my wife's school.

I had finished up the basics of the site last week and was now moving on to creating the code that drives some of the dynamic content on the site. I was easily able to solve problems that I came across and easily finding workarounds to different issues. Aside from a small date formatting issue I couldn't wrap my head around I was able to leave it and move on. Normally I could spend hours neglecting basic needs such as lunch trying to resolve one issue.

I closed up everything related to the site and went to City hall to reserve a park we needed for an upcoming event. When I got there I was asked to fill out some forms. Normally I would read all the fine print and nit pick about every item several times over annoying the clerk. This time however I read over it, understood it, signed, and moved on. I paid the $30 fee, got my receipt and went home.

I got home around 2pm and went on to tidy up the house. I quickly put things away and was accomplished alot before my wife got home at about 330pm. We went out for lunch at the park, got ice-cream, went to two malls, stopped for a drink and some nachos. Overall it was a great night filled with plenty of conversation and sparks.

I felt so much more aware of things and wasn't so finicky as usual. We were at the shoe store where normally I'd immediately assume that my wife was gonna buy every shoe she looked at and would start working out if we could afford those shoes. I would often even go as far as checking the price of the phone online with my phone regardless of how slow it was.

Once we got home we took a quick shower, started watching American Dad but fell asleep again. I again found it a bit difficult to fall asleep but after watching a few minutes of one of my podcasts I fell right asleep.