Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Day 5

I had a strange dream where I and group of my friends were riding our motorcycles. I caused a crash that left everyone horribly injured and a few dead, yet I wasn't hurt at all. Thats all I remember.

Other than that weird dream, a normal day as usual. Woke up and took the dogs for a walk. A bit shorter then usual. I wasn't tired just felt lazy. I came home and got all my materials ready for my meeting with the SCORE counselor. I ironed my clothes and left at about 830.

I spent about 5 minutes looking for my portfolio in the garage which I found barrier underneath a stack of papers. Normally I would have looked for 15 minutes and probably never find anything. I didn't stress at all, just stayed calm and kept looking.

Parking was a whole new experience to as I just parked without caring how close I was to the elevator. Normally I would go through a few floors only checking by the elevator before giving up.

I met with the SCORE counselor which was again a whole new experience. He was an older guy in his late 50s (I'm guessing). Normally people can barely understand when I talk and regularly ask me to repeat things. However this guy never once asked and seemed to understand everything I was saying. I was making sure to speak slowly and articulate my words which came easy. I was surprised how much we were able to get through and how well I understood and remembered his comments when I got home.

Normally when I would look at my notes after a meeting I would spend some time trying to remember and relate the note. Not this time as I clearly remembered the points he made and sections he commented on.

I then went on to write the Profit/Loss and some other spreadsheets which came at a breeze. When I tried to due them last week I barely got past the first column before getting overwhelmed with information, a headache, and giving up.

Again, so far a good day. I'm again surprised how different everyday things are. And not only different but much better.